We welcome volunteers
Meet our volunteer teams at our monthly volunteer meetings. We need volunteers with a wide range of skills like digging, carpentry, edible garden coaching and database tech. Contact our volunteer coordinator Briana at (708) 878-3639 and bvoakpark[at]yahoo.com.
We welcome donations
Purchases made from the our online store fund our vision. We are a 501c3 nonprofit and donations are tax deductible.
We are expanding our reach and enhancing our capabilities. We have several volunteer opportunities to choose from.
Why volunteer with us?
- What you learn and share as a volunteer can enhance not only your gardening skills but is an enjoyable way to work together to make a positive impact on our community.
- We welcome volunteers and new members to our monthly core team meetings, BUT attending meetings is NOT a requirement of volunteering.
- Everyone can help out as their time permits by choosing activities that they enjoy and working in conjunction with a core team member.
- Hand our our flyers, get new signups for our enewsletter at the Oak Park Farmers Market
- Assist DRP by applying social media marketing skills and lending your writing and story telling skills.
- Make videos of our free workshops for our website
- Help edit and write our DRP monthly email newsletter.
- Assist with the planning workshops based on what our community wants to learn.
- Expand he DRP website by finding resources, articles, stories, photos, and videos.
- Help assemble and install our raised bed kits and other gardening kits. Get your hands dirty with the DRP team and have some fun.
- Expand our community of volunteers. Talk with potential volunteers one-on-one, plan training sessions, identify skills and needs.
- Join our garden education team. Find new ways to get answers to gardening questions coming from the DRP community. This could include a Q&A gardening newsletter, an online forum, matching beginner gardeners to mentors.
- Assist in developing a sharing network for land, tools, supplies, skills, food and more.
- Help bring the DRP vision and resources to churches, schools and organizations
Keep in touch